April Fool's Day is this Sunday, and we are hosting a promotion that can't be beat. On March 31 and April 1, you can save 15% on all merchandise on the website using the coupon code april-fool (enter the code at checkout)! And no, we're not tricking you! Don't forget, there's free shipping on orders $75 and over!
Here are some cool and unexpected ideas for surprises on April Fool's Day:
- Do dinner backwards! Cook up some meatloaf in cupcake wrappers and mix some food coloring into mashed potatoes for a faux frosting topping- these "cupcakes" will trick your family but still get a full meal into them. Serve white vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce for dessert and pretend it is mashed potatoes with gravy. Kids will love this sweet surprise!
- Using a toothpick, poke a hole into a banana and wiggle the toothpick left and right. Do this up and down the length of the banana, so it becomes sliced within the peel. Hand it to someone and ask them to help peel it for you, or offer it to a child. When they open it, the banana will already be sliced!
- Moms and dads, wait until your kids are asleep and switch them into another bed! If they are too big or they'd wake up, take all of their clothes out of their closet or switch around their dresser drawers. Flip their things upside down in their room, or quietly rearrange the furniture!
- Light a candle and let the wax melt down. Get some wax paper and set the candle on its side while the wax is still hot. Let it cool and then peel off the wax paper. Then set the candle on something valuable or important to your "victim," so that it looks like it is covered in wax.
- This year, April Fool's Day is on a Sunday. Wake up early and then go running through the house in a hurry, yelling at everyone that they will be late for school or work. You'll be sure to take them by surprise!
- Buy some fake flowers at the store and plant them in your victim's garden.
- Carefully open a bag of chips and remove all of the chips. Replace them with another snack or flavor of chip and carefully glue the top closed again, then offer the bag to your victim.
- Put yellow food coloring into the tank of your toilet and make everyone wonder why the toilet isn't flushing correctly!
- Fill a plastic cereal bowl halfway with water and let it freeze overnight. At breakfast, coat it in a thin layer of cereal and some milk, and watch as your spouse or kids try to scoop up their food but are stopped!
What pranks are you going to try this year? What ones have you used in the past?