Thursday, June 30, 2011

We remember.

Earlier this year I got a request to make a special bracelet for one of the Frikes mother. Her brother was leaving to go oversees and he was EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal). She wanted her mom to have a special bracelet while he was overseas.


Months later, she emailed me with the horrible news. Her brother lost his life doing serving his country doing EOD, so this one is for you, Jordan Emrick.

Through the month of July, $5 from the sale of EVERY bracelet (including the Deal of the Day) will be donated to the Wounded EOD Warrior Foundation in Jordan Emrick's name.

Christi, Jordan's brother, wrote this:

When attending the EOD Memorial in FL in May I had the privilege of meeting many of these wounded EOD warriors. I was humbled by their courage and determination and their utter lack of anger towards the military. Many were being fitted for prosthetics and reenlisting for other positions just so that they could remain in their military family. The EOD is a unique group, they are truly a family. Each one looks out for the other, and each one is just as important as another. Jordan couldn't have found a better group to be a part of. These men/women are amazing, and they continue to look out for my family. I am still receiving emails and facebook messages from several regularly checking on us. They are truly brothers and sisters in the truest form. Jordan would be so honored to know that you are donating in his name. It's like he is still looking out for them.

Thank you, Christi, for allowing me to do this; thanks to the men and women serving our country every day; thanks to those who have given their lives; and thanks to the family members and friends who miss them every day. There's nothing we can do to repay you, but we will always remember.

8 comments:

  1. It's never easy to be a part of a military family, but I don't think any of us who are would ever give it up, either. Thanks for doing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gave me chills! I think this is just another Amazing thing that you are doing to make this world a little Brighter. God Bless you and Your Family and all you do for everyone. This Marine Salutes YOU! XoXo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know i think its awesome that you chose the eod ww program. and it breaks my heart that we lost two more eod members this week.

    Thank you Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It takes a lot of amazing people to keep our country safe. And the families that stand behind them are always in my thoughts. What a great thing you are doing Cathy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christi is a dear friend of mine, and I grieved along with her for the loss of her brother. When I saw this post, I cried. All service members are heros in my book. They agree to be at the ready if ever the US is under threat and lay their life down if need be for us all. My brother is in the Navy, and was due to go to Afghanistan. By the grace of God he isn't going, but staying stateside in North Carolina. Thank you Cathy for being an American and honoring Jordy Emmerick, a true American Hero. I will be sending you an order for a bracelet.
    Lisa Hensley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jordy is my cousin. this means so much to me let alone the rest of the family. Thank you so much for your generosity

    ReplyDelete
  7. SSgt Christina HamskiJuly 19, 2011 at 2:13 PM

    Thank you for creating such a beautiful bracelet for such a wonderful cause. I too just lost my husband, SSgt Joseph Hamski, on 26 May 2011. Every day is a struggle for normalcy in a world that doesn't slow down for anyone. I am buying these bracelets for myself, my mother-in-law, and my sister-in-laws. I can't wait to get to wear mine and show my dedication for all he's sacrificed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Thanks to all.

    ReplyDelete